2001 – 2004
Siriluk was Ashish's second PhD student, working on the problem of improving techniques for radar rainfall estimation. She was supervised by Ashish and Alan Seed, an expert on radar hydrology based at the Australian Bureau of Meteorology.
Siriluk's PhD consisted of the following papers:
- Chumchean, S., A. Seed, A. Sharma. (2004). "Application of scaling in radar reflectivity for correcting range-dependent bias in climatological radar rainfall estimates." Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology 21(10): 1545-1556.
- Chumchean, S., A. Seed, A. Sharma. (2006). "Correcting of real-time radar rainfall bias using a Kalman filtering approach." Journal of Hydrology 317(1-2): 123-137.
- Chumchean, S., A. Sharma, A. Seed. (2003). "Radar rainfall error variance and its impact on radar rainfall calibration." Physics and Chemistry of the Earth 28(1-3): 27-39.
- Chumchean, S., A. Sharma, A. Seed. (2006). "An integrated approach to error correction for real-time radar-rainfall estimation." Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology 23(1): 67-79.
- Chumchean, S., A. Sharma, A. Seed. (2008). "An operational approach for classifying storms in real-time radar rainfall estimation." Journal of Hydrology 363(1-4): 1-17.
Many of these papers form the operational basis for radar rainfall estimation in Australia.