2008 - Shahadat Chowdhury
2005 – 2008
Shahadat was Ashish's 6th PhD student, funded off an ARC Linkage project, working on improving seasonal forecasts by combining multiple forecasts and thereby reducing their uncertainty.
Shahadat spent time with Seth at Columbia under Manu's tutelage, and submitted his PhD as a collection of the following papers:
- Chowdhury, S., and A. Sharma (2007), Mitigating Parameter Bias in Hydrological Modelling due to Uncertainty in Covariates, Journal of Hydrology, 340(doi:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2007.04.010), 197-204.
- Chowdhury, S., and A. Sharma (2008), A simulation based approach for representation of rainfall uncertainty in conceptual rainfall runoff models, Hydrological Research Letters, 2(DOI: 10.3178/HRL.2.2), 5-8.
- Chowdhury, S., and A. Sharma (2009), Long-Range Niño-3.4 Predictions Using Pairwise Dynamic Combinations of Multiple Models, Journal of Climate, 22(3), 793-805.
- Chowdhury, S., and A. Sharma (2009), Multisite seasonal forecast of arid river flows using a dynamic model combination approach, Water Resources Research, 45(10).
- Chowdhury, S., and A. Sharma (2011), Global Sea Surface Temperature Forecasts Using a Pairwise Dynamic Combination Approach, Journal of Climate, 24(7), 1869-1877.
This work is being further developed into better seasonal rainfall forecasts through ongoing projects.